[Sca-cooks] picnic baskets

Jessica Tiffin melisant at iafrica.com
Wed Jun 13 04:29:12 PDT 2001

Lars asked:
>BTW, we are having a picnic affair later
>this month to celebrate the end of June in the barony. No refrigeration or
>ways to provide refigeration (including ice chests) due to the fact that the
>picnic baskets brought will be on display for auction and set out to be
>looked at. So, I'm wondering what would be some nice light fare that could be
>packaged up and included in a basket...and left in weather for about an hour
>or so (we are currently running 105-110 here in mid-day)?
I cook these kinds of feasts quite often; although I use a cooler box, most
of what I cook stays on the table for people to snack on for a couple of
hours, and I've had no food poisoning yet!  (And that's African heat...
;>). Have a look at the outdoor feast menus on my webpage,
http://users.iafrica.com/m/me/melisant/cook/cook.htm - the Picnic finger
meal and Elizabethan supper were both served outdoors, and the English
feast was also an ongoing snack affair, so sat on the tables for a while.

hope you find something you like,
JdH

Lady Jehanne de Huguenin (Jessica Tiffin)
Chronicler, Shire of Adamastor, South Africa
http://users.iafrica.com/m/me/melisant
Sable, three owls rising argent, each maintaining a willow slip vert.