[Sca-cooks] True sandwich

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Wed Jun 13 06:48:42 PDT 2001

In a message dated 6/12/2001 12:09:25 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
ekoogler at chesapeake.net writes:

> The only cheese to use in a grilled cheese sandwich
> is cheddar.  That American processed stuff is too much like eating a sheet
> of
> processed plastic for my liking!

I agree with you about the American.  My favorite grilled cheese, however, is
mild provolone with Hellman's mayo and horseradish and sliced tomato, on
white bread. (Grilled on the outside only, with the butter spread on one side
of the completed sandwich, that side placed on the griddle/pan, then the
other side buttered while the first side cooks.  In a grill with a lid that
comes down and cooks the other side, you butter, place in grill, butter, then
close.

Second favorite, left over from my trip to England in 11th grade, is cheddar
and onion.

Brangwayna Morgan