[Sca-cooks] True sandwich - now Normans

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Wed Jun 13 08:26:38 PDT 2001

On Wed, 13 Jun 2001, Christina Nevin wrote:

> Oooh! Double points for me! Isn't calling a Norman 'French' a boiling-in-oil
> offense in Normandy? (possibly because they didn't have Tater-tots)

It is my observation (being somewhat familiar with some mouldy texts in a
variety of places) that when in England, the Normans referred to
themselves as French; when in France, they call themselves
Norman. Heh. Gotta make sure we aren't mistaken for one of those sneaky
southern types, like the Gascons (one of whom I'm madly in love with...)

'Lainie