[Sca-cooks] Ethiopian food

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 14 08:41:48 PDT 2001

>> > Consider Ethiopian food,
The bread you are speaking of is called Injira it is a beer batter type
panacake thing.  Not like our US beers though.  Ethiopian food is one of my
favorites.  What you described here are some examples, you did seem to leave
out the peas and lentals and chickpeas.  There are others that are very good
as well.  Their foods tend to be either very spicy or quite mild.  In most
restaurants they usually have them marked as such, same as in Chinese
restaurants.  I have had the pleasure of some Ethiopian red wine.  It is not
usually available in the U.S.  If it were it would certainly be found on my
wine rack.
Olwen