OT RE: [Sca-cooks] How long...

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Fri Jun 15 06:52:52 PDT 2001

I just made some "Carrot Sallad" from Dining with William Shakespeare for our
demo at the Relay for Life this evening.  They are VERY tasty, easy to make
and should be ok without refrigeration for several hours.  Recipe:

A Carrot Sallad

1 # baby carrots
3 cups water
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp. chervil
½ cup white wine vinegar
4 tbsp. Salad oil
¼ tsp. white pepper
1 lg. Sprig parsley

Scrub carrots and cut off green tops.  Bring water, salt, chervil to a boil in
a saucepan.  Add the carrots, cover the pot, and cook until the carrots are
tender but still crisp—about 10 minutes.

In a deep bowl, mix together the vinegar, oil and pepper. Drain the carrots,
add them to the dressing and stir them until they are nicely coated.  Cover
the bowl and marinate the carrots in the dressing for at least an hour.

Wash the parsley in cold water, shake off the moisture, and snip off the
stems.  Make a rosette of the leaves in the center of a dinner plate.  Arrange
the carrots around the parsley like a sunburst, and pour a little of the
dressing over the carrots

It's really quite tasty...I've found that even folk who don't like carrots
like this stuff.

Kiri