[Sca-cooks] Re: menu ideas?

Vincent Cuenca bootkiller at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 15 15:42:46 PDT 2001

I spent a little time looking through the Italian menus in that book in the
Grewe collection, and I noticed fennel listed as a sweet dish along with nut
confections.  Are they talking about fennel bulb or fennel seed?  I could
see fennel seed comfit used as a sort of "issue de table", but I also
remember a post-period reference to raw sliced fennel bulb served as
dessert.  I think it's fennel bulb, personally, but I'm biased.  I like raw
fennel.  :-)

Any thoughts?

Vicente