[Sca-cooks] food in season and how to cook it

Chip jallen at multipro.com
Fri Jun 15 08:55:55 PDT 2001

>> Doing the hokey-pokey also counteracts the poison of a scorpion's
>> bite -- there isn't any.  The poison's in the sting.  :)
>> Iyad

> Don't shoot the translator.

Perish the thought, dear Lady.  I was just spewing the tedious
nit-pickings of a self-admitted acerbic hyperbolist.  My deepest
apologies if slight was perceived where none was intended.

> The verb used was "morder" (to bite).
> And who am I to argue with the personal physician of Emperor Carlos
> V?

Who indeed?  I have no wish to go against the common wisdom if it
results in being killed in spectacularly nasty ways.

> Next you'll be telling me that garlic isn't a remedy for the bites
> of rabid dogs...

Heh.  In the words of my kinsman Ahmed ibn Fadlan: "Cow. Urine."  :)

Iyad