[Sca-cooks] food in season and how to cook it

rcmann4 at earthlink.net rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 15 07:55:21 PDT 2001

On 15 Jun 01,, Chip wrote:

> > Eating a radish is said to counteract the poison of a scorpion's
> > bite.
> > Brighid, who doesn't eat them either
>
> Doing the hokey-pokey also counteracts the poison of a scorpion's
> bite -- there isn't any.  The poison's in the sting.  :)

> Iyad ibn Bisharo / Thrain Tjuguskegg
> Easaraigh, Meridies

Don't shoot the translator.  The verb used was "morder" (to bite).  And who
am I to argue with the personal physician of Emperor Carlos V?  Next you'll
be telling me that garlic isn't a remedy for the bites of rabid dogs...

On a more modern note, I see that there are many first-aid and health
websites that use "sting" and "bite" interchangably when referring to the
attack of the scorpion.

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)
mka Robin Carroll-Mann