[Sca-cooks] Old?

BareToad at aol.com BareToad at aol.com
Sun Jun 17 20:16:41 PDT 2001

In a message dated 6/17/01 6:47:48 PM Pacific Daylight Time, troy at asan.com
writes:

> Just out of curiosity, how do they come up with these things?

Although I am the Principal of the local Cooking guild, we base our topics on
requests from the shire.  We have covered topics like Roman food, Bread,
Spices (one class on Salt, papper, sugar, and saffron, another class on the
host of other spices), and sauces.  Iced Foods (I want to change it to period
cold foods) was a subject suggested by one of our local pels...she thought
that since this meeting was going to be in July, that we should cover period
iced foods.  In all of my reading I have yet to read any material in this
area, and I figured that if there was anyone I could ask, it would be this
list...any thoughts?

Mairin