sucralose/splenda (was Re: [Sca-cooks] Gyro? Hero?)

margali margali at 99main.com
Mon Jun 18 06:56:14 PDT 2001

The acid base is for syrups of acidic stufff - fruit flavors. The
non-acid base is for stuff like spice, and sweet stuff [candy-ish
flavos, maple syrup-y type stuff.] On a taste test, they are not
particularly different to taste, but the acid syrup is slightly
tanner in color as opposed to clear.

Now all we need is a smow cone ice shaver ;-)
margali
~~~~~the quote starts here:
Well, even the quart bottles don't seem like they would last very
long. I got only the non-acid base as I wasn't really sure where
to use which one and the non-acid base sounded like it would have
less impact on the syrups I wanted to try like Sekanjabin since
the
sugar-syrup I'm trying to replace wouldn't be "acidic".