[Sca-cooks] Re: Tiramisu

Vincent Cuenca bootkiller at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 18 17:17:07 PDT 2001

> >Is there period examples of ...  fat-free or lower-fat or heart healthy
>or All those
> >other Biz-Buz phrases used by the "wan-na-be" healthy folks ?
Most of the Lenten recipes could be considered low-fat simply through the
elimination of butter and lard.  The "Genovese Torte" recipe in de Nola uses
fruit puree as a primary sweetener, with white sugar sprinkled on during
baking.  I don't think that a low-fat diet was a major concern, though. :-)

Vicente