[Sca-cooks] what is your project?

Kirrily Robert skud at infotrope.net
Mon Jun 18 15:45:56 PDT 2001

In lists.sca.sca-cooks, you wrote:
>Whoops!  Wrong subject line -- sorry!
>
>I'd like to get an idea of who is working on what.
>
>Tell us, please, what culinary history project (if any) are you working on now?
>
>What have you completed?

Transcribing 16th century (give or take a decade or so) English cookbooks.
See http://infotrope.net/sca/cooking/ for what I've done so far.

Currently I've got about half of Plat's "Delights for Ladies" (1609),
almost all the cookery section of Markham's "English Housewife" (1615),
and photocopies of a heap of other manuscripts piled up and waiting for
my attention.

I'm also cooking a few things as I go, but not in any particularly
organised fashion, so it hardly counts as a project.

K.

--
Lady Katherine Robillard  (mka Kirrily "Skud" Robert)
katherine at infotrope.net  http://infotrope.net/sca/