[Sca-cooks] OT: Strange mail ( was a "little" pomegranate paste)

rcmann4 at earthlink.net rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 19 05:17:09 PDT 2001

On 19 Jun 01,, Stefan li Rous wrote:

> Well, here is another one of those unusual messages that I get almost on
> a daily basis courtesy of my Florilegium files.

I get the oddest assortment of junk mail at work.  Since my library
subscribes to over 200 magazines of many kinds, including several different
religious and political perspectives, that puts us on a lot of different mailing
lists.  Every day I get appeals for money from the right and the left.  The
Catholic Bishop of Alaska wants donations, and B'nai Brith, and NRA and
NOW and everyone else under the sun.  Homiletics Magazine ("Dear
brother in Christ...") wants to sell me a subscription to improve the quality of
my sermons.  I get offers for golf travel packages, memberships in health
clubs, credit cards, and questionnaires about the "Pub Lib family pet".  The
vineyard invitation to a barrel tasting and BBQ sounded appealing, but my
boss said he couldn't take the $100 admission fee out of petty cash...

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)
mka Robin Carroll-Mann
now at a new address: rcmann4 at earthlink.net