[Sca-cooks] QED & pomys

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Tue Jun 19 06:41:55 PDT 2001

tgl at mailer.uni-marburg.de wrote:

> Adamantius, could you please point me to the recipe with the "aforeseyd
> pomys", too? Thank you.
>
> Th.

I'll post the two recipes as they appear in sequence. In the mean time,
could you possibly access what the OED has to say about "pomace",
including citations on first known usage, etc.? I understood it to be
17th century or so, and that may also be irrevocably attached to that
specific spelling, but what I am specifically trying to demonstrate is a
usage of the word "pomys" (generally assumed to be a reference to
apples) applied, by extension, to something else pressed for liquid, as
in the modern definition of "pomace", pomace olive oil, etc.

Thanks!

Adamantius
--
Phil & Susan Troy