[Sca-cooks] Re: What Are You Working On Now

Tom Bilodeau tirloch at cox.rr.com
Tue Jun 19 08:08:04 PDT 2001

I am having fun working on transcribing Max Rumpolt's <<Ein neue
kochbuch>> first from
the Fraktur script used in 1581.  A lot of the German words have changed
in the past 400 years.
After transcribing sections, I then am working on translating it into
modern German and then into English.

Then the really fun part comes where i will work on redactions.

I am collaborating with Lady Gwen Catrin von Berlin from the Outlands on
this book. Helmut zu Juelich, Baron Drei Eichen is helping me with the
really arcane German words, too.

I am working on the Cellermaster section on wines and beers right now
(sections CLXXX +)

Before Pennsic, I hope to start on the potatoes section.

Tirloch