[Sca-cooks] Re: What Are You Working On Now

Elise Fleming alysk at ix.netcom.com
Tue Jun 19 07:14:13 PDT 2001

Caointiarn wrote:
>     I'm working on a couple {pound} cake recipes, looking for
documentation,

If you find any, let us know.  From what I've been able to see,
pound cake (a pound of this, a pound of that) is post period.  I had
made one and was challenged to provide documentation by HG Cariadoc
(natch!).  All I could find was from well out of our time.  Some
recipes called for a pound of sugar (or flour... I don't recall
well) but the other items weren't in the same proportion.

Alys Katharine