[Sca-cooks] Gastronomica - olla article

a5foil a5foil at ix.netcom.com
Wed Jun 20 12:17:25 PDT 2001

In the 14th and 15th century Catalan sources I work with, "olla" is used in
a generic sense to refer to a pot or pan, rather than being an earthenware
vessel of specific shape, as presented in Gastronomica. In fact, "olla",
"paella", "pella" and "cassola" are used interchangeably in some recipes,
and this covers a wide range of size, shape, and materials for these
vessels.

Thomas Longshanks