[Sca-cooks] what is your project?

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Tue Jun 19 08:59:38 PDT 2001

[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]
Our folk usually refer to me as the Baronial Slum Lady...only now that Phillip
is doing Land Grab and organization, he's the Slum Lord!  As to what our folk
do once they get their plot of land, it's pretty much up to them.  We're de
facto baronial "Mom and Dad", but try not to fall into that role anymore than
necessary.

Kiri

micaylah wrote:

> I'd like to get an idea of who is working on what.
>
> Tell us, please, what culinary history project (if any) are you
working on
> now?
>
> What have you completed?
>
> Regards,
>
> Cindy

I just finished a small late period feast at our largest camping event
this past weekend. I am also in the process of researching and
documenting another small feast (I love doing these) for another event
later this year. I am also doing some mucking about looking for a lunch
feast based on "The Hunt" to be held in November.

As usual I continue brewing and researching. I am in the process of
completing a Complete Anachronist on Food Groups and Camping in Period
(ok this is an ongoing project that I cant seem to finish) and I am
writing an article on a brief history of mead and beer.

I have become rather interested in bread making and am planning on doing
a little reading on the history of same.

That's about it at the moment.

Oh ya, Im also trying to learn how to be good Camp Mom (read: organizing
and running the Baronial Encampment), rather than Camp Bitch. Camp Mom
is such a kinder gentler term. :)

Micaylah