[Sca-cooks] Re: holding doors

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 19 14:39:34 PDT 2001

>BTW and in a similar vein how about going into court.  Opinions on if all
>women need tobe escorted into court
>Maddalena

Having been raised in Atlantia, I say of course.  I know very few Atlantians
who would think twice about it.  I know a few non-native ATlantian women who
refuse an escort, but it is confusing to those gentlemen stepping up to
offer.  In Atlantia, if a woman appears to not have a personal escort,
someone from her household, canton, or barony should step up, or if it seems
that is not going to occur, any number of gentlemen will offer their hand.
I've witnessed a King race down the aisle to bring a lady to His Lady's
presence.   too late, a retainer seated at the lower end of the aisle tried
to beat him to it, er, her.  resulting in Her Majesty officially appointing
said retainer to always stand at the foot of the aisle, ready for service.

Bonne