[Sca-cooks] Southern California Chestnut resource?

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 19 16:56:35 PDT 2001

Maggie,

You can buy chestnut paste in jars in the gourmet
section of the supermarket, or from Trader Joes, or
from Whole Foods markets or from Bristol Farms
markets. It is not cheap, but it is available. I don't
think you will find whole chestnuts this time of the
year.

I have a jar that I can give you if you are willing to
come to Angels to pick it up.

Huette

--- Maggie MacDonald <maggie5 at home.com> wrote:
> Where in southern California would you find
> chestnuts this time of year?
> Magnus Grehatta is doing a recipe for the Talanque
> Tourney this weekend
> that requires a chestnut paste, and we can't seem to
> find chestnuts.
>
> Surely there is an ethnic grocery or some little
> place that caters to
> little old ladies that would have such a thing!  So
> far the local British
> food shops have been scoured, the natural food
> shops, the weird food shops,
> and nobody has chestnuts. Water chesnuts they have
> aplenty, but not just
> plain old regular chestnuts!!
>
> Regards,
> Maggie MacD.