[Sca-cooks] Southern California Chestnut resource?

Maggie MacDonald maggie5 at home.com
Tue Jun 19 17:41:46 PDT 2001

At 04:56 PM 6/19/01 -0700,Huette von Ahrens said something like:
>Maggie,
>
>You can buy chestnut paste in jars in the gourmet
>section of the supermarket, or from Trader Joes, or
>from Whole Foods markets or from Bristol Farms
>markets. It is not cheap, but it is available. I don't
>think you will find whole chestnuts this time of the
>year.

All the local groceries have been checked, all Trader Joes in San Diego
have been called, as was Whole Foods, as was Henry's market. I don't think
we have a Bristol Farms in any of the areas that the cook scavengers
regularly use.

I've had to order from an internet grocer on the east coast, and while the
price they had was quite nice, they can't deliver til Friday.

>I have a jar that I can give you if you are willing to
>come to Angels to pick it up.
>
>Huette

Well, that's not quite possible at the moment, and we serve on Saturday.
Let's hope the head cook's nerves hold out.

Thank you though!!
Maggie MacD.