[Sca-cooks] Re: what is your project?

Jessica Tiffin melisant at iafrica.com
Wed Jun 20 01:31:14 PDT 2001

greetings, the List!

but it's wonderful to see how many big/serious projects are ongoing.

I'm still recovering from cooking for the Royal Progress event, but I'm
tinkering with the menu with the view to an article on Platina's menu
construction, since I tried to follow his guidelines in the feast menu.
Might submit the article to Serve It Forth!

Still haven't finished the Mad Oxymel Project, any offers of oxymel,
sekanjabin or other honey/sugar/vinegar syrup recipes, much appreciated!

And, of course, I really, really need to update all my online feast menus
with the actual _redactions_, which is going to be fiddly since I tend to
cook madly from the original source and use whatever quantities seem
appropriate from experience, availability and  wild guesses....

Just acquired a copy of Furnivall's Meals and Manners, am contemplating
transcribing and putting into modern English a couple of the texts,
although I'll have to do some research to see what's already available.

Thesis?  What thesis....?

JdH

Lady Jehanne de Huguenin (Jessica Tiffin)
Chronicler, Shire of Adamastor, South Africa
http://users.iafrica.com/m/me/melisant
Sable, three owls rising argent, each maintaining a willow slip vert.