[Sca-cooks] RE: -cran wine/vinegar...

Cheriti Watts cassea at teleport.com
Wed Jun 20 18:06:24 PDT 2001

Yes, please share!

Cynwise

-----Original Message-----
From: sca-cooks-admin at ansteorra.org
[mailto:sca-cooks-admin at ansteorra.org]On Behalf Of Daniel Phelps
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2001 4:47 PM
To: sca-cooks at ansteorra.org
Subject: Re: [Sca-cooks] RE: -cran wine/vinegar...

Was written:

>> I have *no* clue as to what would happen if you put a wine mother unto
>> mead, though I suspect it might be worth the experiment.
>
>Probably similar to what happens when you add a vinegar mother to ale...

I did the beer trick and it turned out just fine.  I had a champaign bottle
of unhopped beer which had been opened to early.  Had a little white wine
vinegar with mother in it.  The mother was the wispy cloudy filmy stuff that
was neutrally buoyant in the vinegar.  I poured said mothery vinegar into
the beer put the cork back on and let the bottle sit for a year or so.  Nice
malt vinegar which, with proper documentation, I entered into A/S.  Want to
see the documentation?

Daniel Raoul