[Sca-cooks] Re: holding doors

Susan Laing gleep001 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 20 18:54:06 PDT 2001

This is definately a Cultural thing it seems

In Lochac, it is the norm for only those called into court to "walk the
distance alone".....

Actually I'd rather like to see the escort thing become a matter of personal
choice here - it would add to the air of "chivalry & honour" - at least for
me.....

mari
(who's most ghastly memory of court is her first - having a friend being
called up who refused point blank to go alone. I made the "mistake" of
escorting her and got a *talking to* by the court herald afterwards.....  So
guess where my fear of Peers & Court comes from???!!)