[Sca-cooks] Re: Pennsic Class Notes

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Fri Jun 22 13:35:58 PDT 2001

Alban commented:
> >Now... there might be a hybrid way around this.  Stefan, or some
> >other volunteer, could solicit handouts from particular instructors
> >or from instructors on a particular topic, have the instructor sign
> >the web permission form, and use it after Pennsic.  We already have
> >a permission form that was approved for use.  Any folk want to
> >become AS volunteers for handout collection??
>
> With the proviso, as you've already noticed, that already-copyrighted
> materials might be a problem, and that unless permission has already
> been granted, such things won't be reprinted on the Web?

I was going to write a reply to Alys when I had more time, however I'll
just say here, that if someone wants to collect the notes, I will make
the same offer I made last year, that I will try to get those that I
think will make good file, online as soon as possible. However, I won't
have the time to spend a lot of time waiting around at the class
registration table.

Last year, all I'd planned to do was set out a
box for collecting the notes in. Even better would be the notes with
a signed permission form, including an email address if the teacher
has one, so I could contact them for questions or to get the notes
in electronic form. The more I get in the latter form, the easier
and less time-consuming the job is on my end. And the more that is
likely to get online and sooner.

> I've been tempted to put the fealty thing on, but have resisted it so far. . .

Is this an article you are speaking of or a class? I only have these
two files so far:
fealty-art        (27K)  1/18/94    Article on fealty by Ioseph of
Locksley.
fealty-msg        (38K)  8/26/99    Fealty in SCA and period. Feudalism.

As its a subject that whole books could be, and probably have been,
written on, there is certainly room for another article in the
Florilegium.

You don't have to wait until Pennsic to send me the notes/ your article.
Also, I do take updates to the articles in the Florilegium, so you
don't have to wait until you have the notes/article perfect.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net