[Sca-cooks] blue food

Daniel Phelps phelpsd at gate.net
Mon Jun 25 18:50:54 PDT 2001

Was written:

>> Don't know, but I've often had cuban pork where in the onions have a
>> distinct blue tinge.
>
>Could those have been cooked red onions?

Don't know what color they were before they were sliced just know the color
they were when they reached my plate.  I have always assumed some sort of a
"litmus" reaction.  I do remember hearing of a certtain flower which will be
either be pink or blue depending on the pH of the soil it is grown in.  Does
anyone perhaps know the flower of which I speak?

Daniel Raoul