OT American vs Japanese Anime (was Re: [Sca-cooks] American Iron Chef)

XvLoverCrimvX at aol.com XvLoverCrimvX at aol.com
Tue Jun 26 09:27:48 PDT 2001

In a message dated 6/26/01 9:38:47 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
boroghul at narn.pecan-tree.com writes:

> Thankfully, the Japanese companies have gotten very strict with the titles
>  they let out for American release.  They're no longer allowed to deviate
>  from the dialogue unless absolutely needed.

Yes, i'm glad. DBZ has a lot cut out that would probably make it interesting.
Of course, alot of it is cuss words but who's counting? :)

>We have idiots (in my opinion)
>like Saban.. the fertile mind that gave us the Power Rangers American style,
>and various other butchered Anime classics.

Saban is Satan <shiver> The original Power Rangers wern't that bad. Of
course, I was about 7 or 8 when it came out. But then they started to deviate
and get rid of the originals and then it started to suck (pardon me
frenchie). Its like today they have 2 or 3 versions of Power Rangers and they
have no plot or good acting at all.

Misha