OT American vs Japanese Anime (was Re: [Sca-cooks] American Iron Chef)

Lord Boroghul Khara boroghul at narn.pecan-tree.com
Tue Jun 26 06:32:37 PDT 2001

Misha uge-ber:

> Hate to say this, but American always copies Japan. Digimon, DBZ, Pokemon,
> and many others America brings in and tries to alter it or copy it some
how.
> I personally love Japanese anime to American anime. Looks a whole lot
better.

> Misha

Thankfully, the Japanese companies have gotten very strict with the titles
they let out for American release.  They're no longer allowed to deviate
from the dialogue unless absolutely needed.  We have idiots (in my opinion)
like Saban.. the fertile mind that gave us the Power Rangers American style,
and various other butchered Anime classics.

Good example, the American version of the Original Bubblegum Crisis compared
to the American version of Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040.  An even better
example is Gasaraki.  Had a Japanese speaking friend watch it with me in
Japanese, then in English.  No change!!

Boro