WAS Re: [Sca-cooks] feast now B&B length of service

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Fri Jun 29 11:39:19 PDT 2001

Kiri said:
> In Atlantia, this was outlawed a number of years ago, when B&B's were
> limited to 4 years in office.  Then a couple of years ago, this got
> increased to 6 years.  In most groups, there is a repolling of the barony
> and review by the Crowns every two years.

Interesting. I've always been amazed when I hear of groups having
barons/baronesses for ten, twelve or more years.

Bryn Gwlad seems to wear them out much quicker. They usually have
lasted only three to four years here. Sometimes they tire out;
othertimes some significant clique in the barony starts agitating
to replace them.

Maybe it is good not to replace them. Several times the fights over
selecting the next baron/ess have almost torn the barony apart. In
the end, being friends with the current Crown seems to make more of
a differance than what the populace wants.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net