WAS Re: [Sca-cooks] feast now B&B length of service

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Fri Jun 29 11:57:32 PDT 2001

Yeah, I've seen groups torn apart by this as well.  We're very fortunate here
in Dun Carraig.  The group as a whole really wanted us to continue, and we are
happy to do so as this is an easy group to work with.  When we step down in two
years, we hope to have groomed at least one or two candidates to replace us.

In Atlantia, the Crowns poll the populace of the group in question for their
preference, then make Their choice.  It is VERY rare that the person/couple
that is chosen is not the one the people want.  It seems to work fairly well,
though it can still cause trouble.  In our group, if we had been required to
step down, I'm not sure what would have happened...there really wasn't anyone
who wanted to take over, and the extra two years will give folks time to
prepare. By then there will be at least two sets of viable candidates, which is
as it should be.  And both of these are honorable people who will not cause a
political problem no matter who wins.  I cannot say the same for some of our
sister baronies...unfortunately!

Kiri