SC - Feast of the Islands

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 1 13:03:11 PST 2001

>> Speaking of Vincent Price, have you ever read his cookbook?
>>
>> Bear
>
>	Digging into my collection of obscure cooking books, I have a
>couple of slim little volumes that are quite interesting.  I do not have
>Vincent Price's cookbook, but I have these two companion volumes:"Mary and
>Vincent Price present - A National Treasury of Cookery - Recipes of Ante
>Bellum America" and "Mary and Vincent Price present - A National Treasury
>of Cookery - Recipes of Early America".  These are put out by the Heirloom
>Publishing Company1967.  Interesting little compendiums of regional,
>historical cooking.
>Christianna

     This is a little late, but I finally got a chance to check the
Cornell catalog for the Price cookbooks, and discovered that these two
"slim little volumes" are part of a 5 volume set: [1] Recipes of early
America.--[2] Recipes of the young Republic.--[3] Recipes of ante bellum
America.--[4] Recipes of the westward empire.--[5] Recipes of Victorian
America.  Now all I have to do is go check them out (and find time to
look through them and the "Treasury of Great Recipes").  Oh the joys of
working at a university with a hotel school!

Sandra Kisner
sjk3 at cornell.edu