SC - Portuguese Cookbook

BareToad@aol.com BareToad at aol.com
Sat Mar 3 19:17:27 PST 2001

>     You can make Jalapeno wine same as anything else, and yes, it's hot.
<SNIP>
>I've seen recipes for Jalapeno wine on some of the various brewing / vinting
>sites.
>
>     Sieggy

An ex of mine made a wonderful chili mead. His regular meads were
fairly dry, compared to the commercial cloying stuff, and marvelously
drinkable. The chili in the mead added a bit of depth (and not like a
depth charge) and both enhanced the dryness and was mitigated by the
sweetness - if that isn't an oxymoron. He generally used champagne
yeast. He said it made a difference. I don't know. I help him during
parts of the process but i'm neither brewer nor vintner.

Anahita