SC - Game and exotic meat source!

LYN M PARKINSON allilyn at juno.com
Tue Mar 6 22:45:56 PST 2001

I've got a package of dried fava beans sitting in the freezer, right now.
 They are white--ok, cream.  I bought them at an Arab market in the Strip
District--restaurant markets--and they were labelled fava.  They appear
to be a bean the size of a fingernail; they are split in half in the
dried state.

As to the color of raisins, while golden raisins can be purchased, and
are period, AFAIK, if you make raisins of white or green grapes, you get
very dark purplish-brown raisins, whatever the grape looked like,
originally.  You'd be surprised how delicious our supermarket seedless
green grapes can be as raisins.

Regards,

Allison

allilyn at juno.com