SC - Bidding for Feast

Siegfried Heydrich baronsig at peganet.com
Sun Mar 25 20:46:06 PST 2001

> I was asked to bid on this feast, and use $5 per head as a budget figure.
> The event is less than a month away - thus making me wonder about a recent
> topic of discussion, the amount of advance notice given.

Is $5 per person what they plan to charge for the feast or is it the amount
to be spent on the feast?  You can handle this either way, but the
difference is critical.

> Chicken 1/4's are regularly $.49 per pound here.  Right now they're on
> sale
> for $.37 per pound.  I'd buy some anticipating doing a feast, but I'm not
> sure if I can afford the expense without being reimbursed until September.
> I'm planning to go to Pennsic in August, so I'm keeping a tight budget
> until I know I have enough money saved to make the trip.
>
> Liadan

You can be fronted money on a cash disbursement authorized by the treasurer
and the seneschal.  After you expend the funds, you present the receipts to
the treasurer to provide an accounting of your expenditures and the
treasurer and the seneschal can issue another disbursement.  That's the way
it works around here.  I'm one of the few people I know who might be able to
front the money for a feast and the only waiting I do for reimbursement is
for the last little batch of stuff purchased just before the feast.

Remember, I'm about 60 miles away and I can help you.

Bear