SC - Bidding for Feast

grizly at mindspring.com grizly at mindspring.com
Mon Mar 26 19:13:55 PST 2001

sca-cooks at ansteorra.org wrote:
<<<   So,,, what did I just cook?  I  think I remember reading Pork loin (roast?) in the label  --  HUGE roast  about 4" in diameter, and 36" long, about 10 - 13 lbs.  >>>>>>>>>

Whole Loin would be my guess.  We get it around Atlanta for around 2.10 to 2.49/lb. some weeks if you know where to look . . . . sometimes 1.89 or less (U.S. currency).  It's the difference between beef strip and tenderloin.  Both are good, but one is more tender and less flavorful, in general.  Different applications.

niccolo difrancesco