SC - Re: Rambam's Charoset

margali margali at 99main.com
Wed Mar 28 20:56:10 PST 2001

>Drake,
>
>> Umm, are you talking about the Seafood Chef, Rick Stein?
>> He's very popular in Lochac (Australia) and my and I are
>
>Your what dear?  I hope the term was going be "dearest darling" <g>

Oops, sorry dear.  I did accidentally omit "my gorgeous, wonderful wife" out of
that sentence...

>> hoping to attend a
>> light supper and lecture he is giving in July.  His TV shows
>> (more than 1
>> season worth) is currently showing on the ABC on Wednesday nights.
>>
>> Why is it that here in OZ I watch a heap of cooking shows
>> with famous chefs
>> (Gordon Ramsay, Rick Stein, Delia Smith, Nick Nairn, Jamie
>> Oliver, Jennifer
>> Patterson & Clarissa ???) and they are all bloody English.
>> Are there any
>> American cooks doing good things / writing books / doing shows?
>
>I think you will find it is more likely that ABC (Aust Broadcasting Corp -
>government funded television station) imports many more British programs
>than American ones....  by quite a large amount across the entire spectrum
>of programming.
>
>> While I'm on it, what celebrity chefs are your heroes and why?
>> Delia Smith   - Total Babe. Great bod, well spoken, great
>> cook. Nuff said.
>
>The things you learn about your husband on an open newsgroup ...

Can I have a pin-up of her on the Fridge?  Nothing too smutty of course...

>> Nick Nairn    - Dig the accent, great fresh scottish cooking.
>
>And he is a klutz in the kitchen - remember the chilli oil incident ...

Oh, yes that was funny.  Got the cooking oil (olive) and the dressing oil
(chilli) mixed up and poured chilli oil into a red hot pan.  The set had to
cleared until the pungent smoke cleared...

>> Jamie Oliver  - Left me with "Pukka" as a permanent part of
>
>Yup - the "naked Chef" is popular amongst my friends because it shows that
>food can be simple but still edible.  i.e. you don't need to spend 4 hours
>in the kitchen to produce a meal you would be happy to serve at a dinner
>party.

Agreed.  Whole baby beets, peeled, add lots of garlic (the cloves crushed but
not chopped); fresh mint, thyme, marjoram, dill, basil, dressed with lots of
E-V olive oil & Balsamic Vinegar.  Wrapped in foil and baked for 1 hour. Mega
Yumbo...

>Mel.

Mel's naughty husband,
Drake.