SC - Chef Heros

Diana L Skaggs upsxdls_osu at ionet.net
Thu Mar 29 04:24:26 PST 2001

Mmmm, well I don't actually like that many of the TV cooks here, though if a
cooking program is on I'll watch it as you always come away with some piece
of knowledge. The ones I do like are:
Two Fat Ladies - my Heroines! Most definitely the chefs closest to my heart,
philosophy and sense of humor.
Rick Stein - knowledgeable, gently witty and very enthusiastic about his
subject (seafood) without the OTT-ness and slapdashedness of Ainsley
Harriott and Gary Rhodes (both of whom irritate the shucks out of me).
Keith Floyd - as Adamantius says, a lunatic, but a wonderful one!
Ken Hom - I like, though I've seen very little of his stuff oddly enough.
Also, in a radio interview he recommended Fung Shing, my favorite Cantonese
restaurant in Soho! Whoohoo!
Hudson and Hall - 1980s NZ TV celebrity chefs, deliberately camp,
hysterically funny, but also gave NZ cuisine a huge boot in the bum. Anyone
in NZ heard anything from them recently?
I almost wholeheartedly like Jamie Oliver, I've got some very good info from
his show, but he's a tad tiresome after a while. And I just want to brain
him every time he says "Pukka mate!" You guys also don't have to suffer
through his Sainsburys' TV commercials. Ick. (and he's too scruffy to rise
above mildly cute)
She's good at what she does, but Delia Smith makes my skin crawl - it's like
being back at school, you want to call her "Mrs Smith, the Home Ec teacher".
Sophie Grigson sadly comes under this category also.
Ciao
Lucrezia

This electronic message contains information from CACI International Inc or
subsidiary companies, which may be confidential, proprietary,
privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure.  The information is
intended to be used solely by the recipient(s) named above.  If you are not
an intended recipient, be aware that any review, disclosure, copying,
distribution or use of this transmission or its contents is prohibited.  If
you have received this transmission in error, please notify us immediately
at postmaster at caci.co.uk

Viruses: Although we have taken steps to ensure that this e-mail and
attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with good
computing practice the recipient should ensure they are actually virus free.