SC - I. alba-OOP for Europe

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 16 11:50:41 PST 2001

- --- LrdRas at aol.com wrote:

> If the plant is indeed I. alba then it is a species
> of morning glory and
> grows into an immense vine. It also forms a tuber ,
> which in mild climates,
> will resprout and grow the next year.

Do you start your I. alba from seed?  I started mine
from seed (which looks like a garbanzo bean, but feels
as strong as diamond).  The sprouts looked very much
like large, wrinkly tobacco leaves.  Does this sound
familiar?  The plant is too young right now to tell if
it will exhibit climbing tendencies.  I am very
curious about this plant.  It is the only plant in my
gardens which I know nothing about.  I don't like
that...

I hope it is the plant you have described...it sounds
like it would go well climbing up my trellis between
my hops and my climbing strawberries....

Balthazar of Blackmoor