SC - OT: Is a propane stove safe indoors?

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 4 15:58:09 PST 2001

>Is it safe to use a Coleman propane-burning
>stove inside the house?

I have done so, during post hurricane power outages.   It being late
summer/early fall, I already had every window in the house wide , so I was
not worried about toxic fumes building up.  I disconnected the canister from
the stove and set it out on the porch between cooking sessions.

>Seeing as we're about to have a blizzard
>hereabouts,

The kitchen might not be the best place unless you can close it off from the
rest of the house in order to open the kitchen windows to ventilate the
stove.  You don't want to lose anymore house heat than you need to.  Maybe
set the stove up in the foyer or mudroom so you can shut the interior doors
to any rooms and open the outside door while cooking.

>Lady Brighid ni Chiarain

Bonne