SC - Bidding for Feast

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 26 20:56:20 PST 2001

- --- upsxdls_osu at ionet.net wrote:
> Thanks, you've given me a great justification point!
>  Liadan
>
> On Mon, 26 Mar 2001 13:09:55 -0500 you wrote:
>

> > Another point to consider in the roast vs.
> tenderloin idea is that you are
> > paying for bones when you buy a pork roast.  With
> a tenderloin, everything you
> > get is edible...so, depending on the amount of
> bone, it's possible that
> there's
> > not that much difference in the cost!
> >
> > Kiri

Okay... once again I have to stress that what you are
thinking of may well be a Pork "Loin", NOT the
tenderloin!!!  I have this teeth-aching visual of a
poor SCA cook opening up her tiny package of
tenderloin, when what she really meant to tell the
butcher was "I wan't X pounds of Pork Loin..."  The
difference is HUGE HUGE HUGE!  Please don't ask the
butcher to give you pork tenderloin, unless that is
really what you want (which it sounds like it ain't).

Balthazar of Blackmoor
(who was sure some of the others on this list would
have caught this by now...)