SC - stollen

Claire Galibois galibois at lycos.com
Mon Mar 19 14:13:25 PST 2001

Hello all!

Thanks again to Laurene and Bear for their suggestions on how to adapt the posted stollen recipes for the breadmaker.  I ended up trying one (the Christmas stollen) this weekend.  Very OOP - I mean, whoever heard of a breadmaker in the Middle Ages!  Turned out wonderfully, though.  There are three of us, and over half the loaf was eaten before it had a chance to cool!  oink oink... *g*

If anyone's interested, I could send/post my modifications.  Though by the sounds of the postings on this list, not too many other people are yeast-killers like me.

BTW, the modification is _very_ forgiving; I forgot to let the bread rise after shaping (put immediately into the preheated oven) and it still turned out!

:)
Genevieve

- ---
There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.
Albert Schweitzer