SC - Re: Wierd but Cool Kitchen Gadgets

lilinah@earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Tue May 1 21:59:55 PDT 2001

sca-cooks at ansteorra.org wrote:
> > Thanks to all who responded. :) I'm definately gonna give this a try. Does it work with not fat yogurt or does it need to be whole milk yogurt?>
> Thanks,
>
> Ilia

Basically, the fat changes the mouth feel and texture of the cheese.  the biggest issue to be aware of is AVOID THICKENERS LIKE GUMS.  Get yogurt that doesn't have 'artificial' thickeners or emulsifiers added like guar gum, lecithin or starches, etc.  It changes everything, and gives the big gummy problem like you wouldn't believe.  Thickeners seem to be more common in the non-fat  versions around this neck of the woods.

niccolo difrancesco