SC - Re: Jellied Milk...

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Wed May 2 11:00:52 PDT 2001

>It's a picture from one of the French _Chronicles_ (one of the Charles',
>but I don't remember the #)  and it is a feast during the visit of
>Wenceslaus of Bohemia (the guy in red with the hoop over his crown) to
>the French court. The guys on the right are staging a re-enactment of
>the seige of Jerusalem. IIRC, the guy near the bottom of the ladder in
>the gold with black lion (matching banner on the boat) is Geoffery of
>Bouillon.
>Cool pic- did you notice the tablecloths with the woven diapered
>pattern?
>
>'Lainie

Thanks for the information.  Now it makes sense how all this calmness at the
table could be in the middle of a fight.  I was really looking at the wall
behind them too.  At first I thought it was done with a stamp of some sort
but I found too many differences in the blocks.  I suppose they could have
had a few different block and perhaps the saturation may have accounted for
the differences.  The tablecloth was great too and I was sure that was done
by hand.  I was kinda humored by the idea the nefs and the boat had the same
design.
Olwen