SC - new to group

Tracy Soltesz tracy at media.umbc.edu
Wed May 2 17:38:21 PDT 2001

> Here in Bright Hills we usually include a light lunch which is usually
soup
> and bread and perhaps some cheese sometimes some fruit.  At some of
our
> weekend events one of the Guilds may opt to do a breakfast for
donations to
> help raise a little money for that Guild.  The childrens Guild does
that a
> lot.  Sometimes the armours Guild.  Then at some events if our Cooks
Guild
> is not cooking for the event we usually ask if we can have a bake sale
which
> is mostly sweets so as not to interfere with any lunch or feast plans
of the
> cooks.

Olwen while I am certainly not against this sort of lunch, I have come
to look at the noon meal as another venue for us Cooks to stretch our
wings a little rather than just shoving groceries down the collective
populaces throat. In some other post I stated that I would never serve
another Ploughmans Lunch as it had been done to death. I still stand by
this simply because of the opportunity presented for another "mini"
feast. I always coordinate this with the Head Cook so there is no repeat
in dishes. I also prefer to cook for smaller numbers.

Micaylah