[Sca-cooks] NUTS

Hrolf Douglasson Hrolf at btinternet.com
Sun May 6 13:31:56 PDT 2001

Sorry, it will take me time to translate the humour.
Almonds were known.
Trees were in the monastery garden at St. Gall during @my@ period so they were certainly known during yours.
as wereChestnuts and walnuts
mulberry's and quince were also known.
I have the Saxon books by my computer key board should anyone require the refrences.
Sugar was amongst the 'mentioned goods of Henry 2nd...the first mention anywhere in English paperwork.
However if you leave good honey for long enough and keep the warriors and children off it you can get a very raw crystal after a year or so.
Vara