[Sca-cooks] Scandinavian translation silliness

Vincent Cuenca bootkiller at hotmail.com
Fri May 11 15:13:02 PDT 2001

Okay, since nobody's actually trying to translate these things, I guess I'll
have to.  Fortunately I own a copy of the "Guide to Scandinavian Dialects"
by Mr. Frederick Scuttle.

> > ( - nu kommar jag ih=E5g att jag hadde sagt att jag ville skicka n=E5=
>got
> > torrkat fisk til deg. Det skall jag fixa redan i morgon - jag hadde
>kompl=
>ett
> > gl=F6mt det. )

"I have a lovely bunch of coconuts."

>Ingen orsak. Den som v=E4ntar p=E5 n=E5got gott... Och tillf=E4lle att sm=
>=E5retas
>med den gode romerske m=E4stern skall man ju inte _heller_ f=F6rspilla.

"Please don't blame my doggie, it's not his fault at all; someone left a wet
umbrella standing in the hall."

How'd I do?

:-)

Vicente