[Sca-cooks] Plant List

Terri Spencer taracook at yahoo.com
Fri May 11 22:41:07 PDT 2001

Here's a website that might be of interest to those with food
allergies, or trying to accomodate allergies:

http://www.purr.demon.co.uk/Food/RelatedPlantList.html

One plant family in particular caught my attention.  Mostly New World
plants not typically served at feast, but what a family it is: Order
Solanales, Family Solanaceae Nightshades - including many halucinogens,
peppers, tomatoes, potatoes, eggplant, tobacco, vegetable rennet, plus:

· S. mammosum Apple of Sodom, Love Apple, Nipplefruit, Tete De Jeune
Fille, Zombi Apple - dunno what this is used for but it better be good

Can anyone on the list help him out with this one?

BTW - I was led here by a post to the Early-Music list (of an Arabic
tune from Medieval Spain), and there is also some info on Scots  music
elsewhere on the site, mostly traditional (post-1600).

Tara