[Sca-cooks] Re: SC - NRW Feast Recap - costing issue

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Sun May 13 20:19:37 PDT 2001

I'm way behind and dredging up an old thread, but,

>   if the event can squeeze out five or six dollars
>to keep the kitchen crew fed at lunchtime, I put it down as a natural
>expense of keeping the event going, same as the park fees and the cleaning
>supplies.
>
>                                     ---= Morgan

I'm with you on this.  A pot of  pasta and sauce, or a pot of bean soup
enough to feed two dozen people needn't cost more than a few dollars.  It is
worth the expense to keep the kitchen staff productively on-hand.

In my home barony, the autocrat routinely  made sure something like this was
available both to the kitchen staff and any other staff who needed it.  They
might even send out a bowl of soup to the minister of lists, the archery
marshall, or others whose duties might have them 'trapped' in place.  It's a
simple event expense.

Bonne