[Sca-cooks] Re: Sca-cooks digest, Vol 1 #72 - butter

Devra at aol.com Devra at aol.com
Sun May 20 12:47:50 PDT 2001

In a message dated 5/20/01 1:04:04 PM Eastern Daylight Time, sca-cooks-
> Wash out the buttermilk, huh?  You know, the
>  instructions didn't say anything about washing out the
>  buttermilk... at least, not to my knowledge.  Care to
>  describe the process?

You scoop out the lumps of butter, which should be clumping together, and put
in a flattish bowl.  Run a light stream of cool water on it, and pat the
butter lumps to and fro with a spoon or spatula, squishing it sorta...  The
washing water will get a little milky as the buttermilk comes out.  Anyone
else have a better description?
Devra the Baker

Devra Langsam
www.poisonpenpress.com