[Sca-cooks] online glossary?

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue May 22 21:37:13 PDT 2001

Cindy said:
 <snip>

> >I will need to have a bibliography of what we are working from, although
> >we
> >can add to this. Also, for each one, I think we need a date or maybe a
> >region/country. I think we only want about a paragraph for each word
> >though.
> >Keeping this succinct and to the point may be the problem.
> >
> >Comments?
> >
> >Is there someone else who would like to take on this project and then
> >just
> >send me occasional updates to put in the Florilegium?
> >

> Yes, I forgot the date.  Very important.

It's usually in the manuscript, but I hate to go digging in the bibliography
each time I want to know when a word was used.

> I guess I'll keep it for now, unless Phillipa wants to. I can update it as
> more info comes in, & then send you the updated file once every few weeks.
> Would that work for you, Stefan?

Either one of you or both would be fine with me. I've already got quite
a lot to keep me busy. I would prefer to keep the format simple as that
would minimize the amount of editing I would need to do each time it is
updated.

As to the concordance stuff that Thomas was speaking of, I think it is
a neat idea, however it goes far beyond what I could use and would
probably scare other beginning cooks like me off. I keep forgetting that
some of my cookbooks have glossaries. Having this online would be easier
for many to find and since it is on the web, it could be dynamic,
changing and being improved as new items and corrections become available,
much as the files in the Florilegium currently are. Although maybe better
organised than the Florilegium message files. :-)

Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net